**Update: In August 2017, Ray of Hope proudly announced that we met our fundraising goal and finalized a contract with Gorman Construction Company to complete our renovation (full announcement here). Thank YOU for your support and for providing safety, hope and healing to innocent children for generations to come.
Since establishment in 2005, Ray of Hope has responded with care and advocacy following child abuse allegations, wrapping families in the hope and help they need. But today, our agency has exceeded our capacity. Critical team members currently operate without private office space to review confidential and graphic child abuse images and information. To break the cycle of abuse and make a significant impact, the children in our community need additional resources focused on the prevention and treatment of child abuse.
In January 2016, East Cross United Methodist Church generously donated the Grace-Epworth church building to Ray of Hope. This amazing gift gives our agency the space to grow and meet the needs of Washington, Nowata and Osage Counties. But to make the space useable and child-focused, a complete renovation must be completed. To transform, furnish and maintain our new space, Ray of Hope launched the Hope Floats Campaign to raise $800,000.
Additional Services Available in New Space:
- Mental Health Services
- Ready to partner with a mental health agency to provide on-site, specialized, trauma-focused counseling for children and families. We believe meeting the counselor upon the initial visit and returning to a familiar location will greatly increase the follow through with needed treatment. An appointment can be made during the initial visit.
- Providing support group services for non-offending parents to learn healthy parenting skills, how to parent following trauma, how to develop support systems and more.
- Emergency Foster Clothing Closet
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services has already requested space in our new facility to house new and gently used clothing. Limited state resources have essentially cut out funding for clothing and clothing vouchers for foster children. Often children are removed from their homes with little more than the clothes they are wearing.
- Grace-Epworth Conference and Training Center
- Available for community education and child advocacy trainings, meetings, support groups and conferences. Working with established organizations that work with children, we guide you in creating or reviewing policies and procedures to protect children. Training for individuals is also available to learn the signs of abuse and how to best respond and prevent. Trainings available include Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children, Internet Safety, SANE 101, Strangulation Education for Law Enforcement and more. Education about child abuse empowers all of us to be more aware and take responsibility to protect the children in our lives.
- Functional Spaces
- Multiple waiting areas and entrances to increase privacy and separation of families for safety.
- Separate offices for each team member to increase privacy for victims and information.
Need something to hold onto? View or print our Hope Floats Informational Piece