State law requires that every health care professional, teacher, and every other person who has reason to believe that a child under 18 is being abused or neglected, or is in danger of being abused or neglected, must report the suspicion of abuse to the OKDHS.
To report suspected child abuse call:
- The National Child Abuse Hotline
- The Oklahoma Child Abuse Hotline
- Washington County Child Welfare
- Nowata County Department of Human Services
- Osage County Department of Human Services
This call can be made anonymously. The law provides the reporter with immunity from civil and criminal penalties for making reports in good faith.