Ray of Hope is committed to providing our community with quality trainings to prepare individuals, organizations and schools to prevent child abuse and respond appropriately when necessary. As a partner with child protection agencies, we offer professional trainings to law enforcement, child welfare, prosecution and more.
Trainings for individuals and organizations:
- Recognizing and Reporting Abuse.
- This curriculum is designed for organizations seeking training for professionals working with children on a regular basis. Utilizing a video-based format, the Recognizing and Reporting curriculum educates child-serving professionals or volunteers on the basic issues of child abuse, how to recognize physical and behavioral signs of the varying forms of child abuse, and how to make a report. Duration: 1 hour
- Keeping Your Children Safe in the Real and Virtual World.
- This curriculum package was designed to be a holistic approach to educating parents, community members and children alike on child safety and child abuse prevention. The Keeping Your Children Safe in the Real and Virtual World training video helps parents and interested community members understand the realities of child abuse, empower them with the language and tools needed to talk with children about personal safety, and explain the types of policies that should be in place in any child-serving organization. Duration: 1 hour
- Darkness to Light’s- Stewards of Children.
- Stewards of Children is a revolutionary sexual abuse prevention training program that educates adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. This program is designed for organizations and individuals that serve children and youth and for other individuals that care about the well-being of children. Duration: 2 hours; 2 hours of CEU
- Darkness to Light’s- Prevent Now! Community Awareness Meeting.
- A community meeting that uses Darkness to Light’s “Into the Light” documentary and economic impact to increase awareness and generate support and participation in a community prevention initiative. Duration: 30 minutes
- NetSmartz Workshop: A program of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children- Internet Safety for Parents, Guardians, & Communities.
- This PowerPoint presentation is targeted for parents, guardians, or those working with children ages 5-17. This multimedia Internet safety presentation utilizes the latest statistics, online resources, videos, and expert tips to educate, engage, and empower children and adults to be safe on and offline. Duration: 1 hour
For Child Protection Professionals:
- SANE101– CLEET and Mental Health hours available. One day training/4hr
- Strangulation– CLEET and Mental Health hours available. One day training/8hr